Truth Initiative: Director of Research, Statistics
Director of Research, Statistics
The Director of Research, Statistics will develop and oversee rapid social and behavioral research capabilities by a team of analysts at Truth Initiative Schroeder Institute (SI).
- Oversee the development and execution of analyses using a variety of statistical methods (logistic and linear regression; longitudinal growth curve modeling; hierarchical linear modeling; structural equation modeling, time series analysis or other methods).
- Supervise a team of four research analysts to optimize workflow in a face-paced, mission-driven organization;
- Co-author manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication.
- Direct the process of restricted access to Truth datasets;
- Refine and implement a departmental data management quality assurance process;
- Work collaboratively with senior researchers to advance the research agenda within the field of tobacco control
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of data analytic resources; and
- Present research findings at conferences and meetings.
- The ideal candidate must have a doctorate in epidemiology, biostatistics, psychology or a related field with a strong background in quantitative methods and at least 5 years of post-doctoral research experience.
- The candidate must also have an interest in tobacco control research and a history of peer-reviewed publications.
- Required experience includes project management and supervision of staff; a solid background in programming and data management, along with knowledge of statistical research methodology and principles; and experience with programming languages such as SAS, Stata or MPlus.
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on data reporting and writing ability, are essential.
- The candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment is essential.
To apply, please contact:
Ari Ayares, Vice President
INSIGHT EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Truth Initiative Schroeder Institute is a leading and trusted voice in tobacco research and our ground-breaking studies power everything we do. Our scientists and researchers use the best and most rigorous research to investigate the latest issues and trends in tobacco use, analyze policies that can protect communities and evaluate the impact of our efforts to make tobacco a thing of the past. We publish our findings in peer-reviewed academic journals and produce fact sheets, reports and other self-published resources. We share these resources with partners, policymakers, members of the media and the public to advance knowledge and best practices for creating healthier communities.