Insight Policy Research: Director, Health Research
Insight Policy Research (Insight), a dynamic and growing small research and evaluation organization, is seeking an experienced health Director with expertise in directing qualitative and quantitative research methods and program evaluations. The successful candidate for this position will have at least 8 years’ experience leading evaluation projects for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services or similar HHS agencies.
Insight is a well-established small business, having provided nationally recognized research and evaluation services to federal, state, and private sector clients for over 15 years. Our focus is on issues affecting at-risk and vulnerable populations.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we conduct research in the areas of health, nutrition, family support services, and education. We offer outstanding potential for growth as well as competitive salaries and benefits, including telecommuting, in a collegial, family-friendly environment. Candidates who desire a work-from-home position will be considered for this role.
For further information and the types of studies we conduct, please visit our website: www.insightpolicyresearch.com
The essential functions of this position include implementing research and evaluation studies, managing qualitative and quantitative data collection, leading proposal efforts and other business development activities, communicating with clients, and preparing final reports and briefings. Candidates must have at least 12 years of experience working on federal contracts and 8 years of experience with agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, particularly the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing and presentation skills, a desire to develop new business, and have the experience and ability to mentor to junior colleagues.
- Leading mixed-methods projects requiring quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, including developing study designs, determining analysis methodology, and outlining format and content of client deliverables.
- Interpreting and summarizing quantitative and qualitative findings in reports and presentations to address clients’ research needs.
- Leading business development activities, including proposals and relationships with clients and business partners.
- Working closely with the vice president for health research and other Insight leaders to set an agenda for future business development in health policy research, to coordinate staff development opportunities, and to manage existing and future projects.
- PhD in a social science field (economics, health services research, public health, or similar) or Master’s degree with 12 or more years of experienc
- 12 or more years of healthcare research or policy experience with at least 8 years leading evaluation projects for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (preferred) or similar agencies
- Possess working knowledge/experience other public health programs of the agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, particularly the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing deadlines, while keeping projects on schedule and within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
- Experience preparing final deliverables and writing comprehensive research reports
EEO: All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
INSIGHT EXECUTIVE SEARCH is presenting this position on behalf of Insight Policy Research.
To receive more information or to apply please contact:
Aaron Schmidt, President
INSIGHT EXECUTIVE SEARCH