SRI: Program Director – STEM & CS
Arlington, VA, Menlo Park, CA, (Telecommuting)
SRI has actively participated in the evolution of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (STEM & CS) teaching and learning over the last decade through curriculum and assessment development and delivery of high value and targeted technical assistance and professional development. We also conduct research, evaluation, and implementation studies on STEM & CS educational programs, curriculum, pedagogy, teacher professional development, and STEM policy using a wide range of research methodologies, from in-depth case studies to randomized field trials and learning analytics. Our STEM & CS work includes online learning and other technologies that support STEM & CS teaching and learning. Our approach to STEM & CS often integrates disciplinary knowledge and aligns development to standards/frameworks. We work with a variety of populations – K12, adult, rural, urban, students with disabilities, linguistically diverse learners, underrepresented communities—to broaden participation for all people. Our work results in practical knowledge that enables educators and policymakers to make decisions about educational interventions and education policy.
SRI’s Center for Education Research & Innovation (CERI) seeks to hire Program Director for its STEM & CS program. STEM & CS Program Director will:
- Lead and support business development with federal, commercial, and foundation clients through marketing, proposal writing, and networking
- Supervise and mentor other STEM & CS researchers and junior analysts
- Develop and execute the program area’s business plan
- Lead and work on STEM & CS projects that deliver high-quality research products on time that meet clients’ needs
- Oversee investments and activities to build and sustain visibility of SRI’s STEM & CS education work, including publishing and conference presentations
- Help make hiring and project staffing decisions
- Work with leaders of other research programs in SRI Education on proposals and staffing
- Coordinate shared learning and collaboration across the STEM & CS researchers
- A passion to broaden participation in STEM & CS fields through high-quality learning experiences
- Doctorate in Education, Public Policy, or a Social Science discipline or comparable experience
- At least 8 years of research experience including at least four years as a principal investigator, co-principal investigator (PI), or project director (PD)
- Track record of winning competitive bid contracts and grants with federal, state, foundation, and/or commercial clients
- Experience with research design, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, instrument/assessment design, data collection, and reporting of results to varied audiences
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to conceptualize and present research plans and findings in compelling ways
- Strong interpersonal and supervision skills
- Commitment to collaborative work
- Track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journal
Please note that candidates who proceed to the onsite interview process will be asked to provide a writing sample.
–There are no additional requirements for this position.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
For more information please contact:
Ari Ayares, Vice President- Insight Executive Search