Career Opportunity: Senior Education Leader- Washington, D.C
Leading, nonprofit, independent research and evaluation firm serving public and private industry seeks a senior education leader to help the education program grow and extend work in its Research and Evaluation services by building the overall capacity to successfully bid on large scale research and evaluation contracts and grants at the federal and state level. This position will be expected to serve as Principal Investigator on one or more research initiatives at any given time.
- Have a demonstrated track record of research and evaluation in the education field;
- Be successful in leading funded or other rigorous research and negotiating the peer review process;
- Be experienced leading teams, mentoring colleagues and working in a collaborative, independent environment;
- Demonstrate understanding not only of current rigorous research methods and approaches, but also of working with school, district, state and/or federal officials to translate research to practice (and problems of practice to research);
- Demonstrate ability to develop new business, including conceptualizing, developing and writing proposals for government and foundation clients;
- Have experience negotiating and collaborating effectively with stakeholders, customers, partners and funders;
- Demonstrate proclivity to deal with a broad range of project management responsibilities including staffing, finance and quality assurance; and
- Be a self-starter, creative and strategic thinker, and entrepreneur interested in building a strong education research practice within a larger established organization.
- Doctorate degree required
- 5 – 15 years relevant experience
- Deep understanding of the challenges facing educators at the federal, state and local levels, and demonstrated ability to develop applied research, policy and technical assistance support to meet those needs
- Experience managing interdisciplinary teams of staff and partners
- Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Skills: Quantitative and qualitative research methods, study design, project/program management, communication (oral and written), critical and analytical thinking, organizational and interpersonal skills.
For further information please contact:Ari Ayares, Vice President INSIGHT EXECUTIVE SEARCH