RTI International: Senior Biostatistician / Principal Investigator
The Center for Clinical Research Network Coordination in the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division
Senior Biostatistician/Principal Investigator
The Center for Clinical Research Network Coordination in the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Division of RTI International seeks a senior biostatistician to serve as a principal investigator (PI) on data/statistical coordinating centers for multicenter, possibly multi-protocol studies, and provide long-range direction on research programs in the Center. We require candidates who have a proven track record in serving as a PI and providing statistical leadership to multicenter clinical research.
- Serve as PI for data coordinating centers, leading a multidisciplinary staff of statisticians, data managers, research coordinators and other clinical research support personnel.
- Provide senior leadership for all technical aspects of the project including study design, protocol development, study implementation, preliminary and final data analysis, and presentation of study results.
- Oversee administrative and fiscal aspects of the project.
- Maintain effective liaison with funding officials, collaborators from universities and other organizations, DSMBs, laboratories, clinical centers, and specimen storage facilities.
- Lead development of grant, cooperative agreement and contract proposals.
- Lead development of manuscripts for refereed journals.
- Present research findings at scientific conferences.
- Monitor overall process and quality of studies and activities.
- Monitor study resources and budgets.
- Serve in a leadership role in strategic planning, business development, and staff mentoring.
- At least 10 years of experience working in epidemiological and/or clinical trial research.
- A doctorate in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, statistical genetics, or related field.
- Proven track record in successfully providing statistical and coordinating center leadership for multicenter clinical research.
- Demonstrable track record of leadership in developing and sustaining a climate that fosters growth in research funding, staff capabilities, and scientific excellence and reputation.
- A record of scientific stature in presentation and publication of study results in peer-reviewed journals and on methodological topics related to multicenter study design and analysis techniques.
- Participation in major professional societies or associations, review panels or DSMBs.
- Extensive experience in developing business and working with clients that fund research in public health, including federal agencies, private foundations, and/or the commercial sector.
- Excellent skills in communication, negotiation, compromise, and building consensus among multidisciplinary groups.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Unites States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
RTI International has retained the services of INSIGHT EXECUTIVE SEARCH. For additional information or to apply for the position please contact:Aaron Schmidt- CEO
Equal Employment Opportunity